One step at the time
Like on the Mac, Sparrow for iPhone will evolve fast and integrate feature requests and bug fixes.
Sparrow 1.1 is the first step and here is what’s new:
- Send & Archive
- Show/hide dock badge per account
- Only show specific labels and folders
- Built-in web browser
- Empty trash and empty spam
- Authentication issue with some Google apps account
- Custom SMTP for Alias
We’re already working on Sparrow 1.2.
The next update will include localization in 9 languages, landscape mode when composing and will allow you to swipe up and down between messages.
What’s up on Push?
Thanks to your amazing support, we feel confident that Apple might revise its position on the Push API. We’ll submit a first version of Sparrow 1.2 including it. This might delay Sparrow 1.2 validation but we’re already working with some partners to include Push in future versions of Sparrow without needing Apple clearance.
Push is coming. If Apple can’t help us yet, we have other ideas.
What about the Mac?
We’ve been busy on the iPhone for quite some time but we’re back on the Mac. We’re currently working on Sparrow 1.6 for Mac. This next release will include a lot of bug fixes and improvements. The main new feature will be POP support.
Finally, you’ll be able to plug your old Hotmail or Live account in Sparrow.
As always, we’ll keep you posted on our progress here.
I just downloaded it and I’m a big fan. The only improvement I suggest is to make the list view more readable. The light gray text on the subject/preview and the thin font on the time makes this view harder to scan than on the standard iPhone email app. This is my one and only complaint. I’ll probably get used to it but it’d be nice if it was improved. Thanks for a great app.
- gifts-for--men likes this
- spunkinme likes this
- monte-escalier-electrique reblogged this from sparrowmail
- gdelpu likes this
- lifesview likes this
- get-over-depression-now reblogged this from sparrowmail
- dwlz likes this
- stellarvisions reblogged this from sparrowmail and added:
- stellth likes this
- chriswormhoudt likes this
- stanley likes this
- mradamwood likes this
- rspeed reblogged this from sparrowmail and added:
- k3c reblogged this from sparrowmail
- richiety reblogged this from sparrowmail
- jimmykl likes this
- domleca likes this
- danielooi reblogged this from sparrowmail
- dai reblogged this from sparrowmail and added:
- dai likes this
- mralexho likes this
- tkudo likes this
- miltonarcos reblogged this from sparrowmail and added:
- maique likes this
- markdavidi likes this
- nielstre likes this
- adri1reblog reblogged this from sparrowmail
- adri1s likes this
- hugocosta likes this
- david likes this
- alban likes this
- adin likes this
- adin reblogged this from sparrowmail and added:
- reubeningber1 reblogged this from sparrowmail and added:
- ansel1 reblogged this from sparrowmail and added:
- caseishirota reblogged this from sparrowmail
- andreelijah reblogged this from sparrowmail
- objectivecrizzo likes this
- c4jones2 reblogged this from sparrowmail and added:
- c4jones2 likes this
- samuelkraftphoto likes this
- fiction-is-my-escape likes this
- diklein likes this
- webuiltthisblogonrockandroll likes this
- jberrebi likes this
- adigoldstein likes this
- hurmoth likes this
- sparrowmail posted this